Blog Post #3

Genius Hour Blog Post #3

      After a week and a half of doing my genius hour (daily morning yoga sessions) I am beginning to see significant changes in myself. I am doing my yoga practices with my roommate Noelle, because we both have class every morning at 8am we have been getting up at 6:15 to complete our morning practices. To begin with this was very challenging. We both felt tired during the session and in our first class of the day it was hard to get through, however, this week I have felt much more energized and I find it easier to get out of bed for the session. Along with this I have felt more flexible, healthy, and motivated to engage in other workout activities. I have more energy to go on walks with my roommates and be more active throughout the day.

      This week I learned about the importance of physical activity and the power it can have on both my physical and mental well-being, both inside the classroom and in my own personal life. I had trouble beginning the sessions and picking what type of yoga to do. However, we started doing yoga with Adrienne so it is a set 30 day session. This helps us be more decisive in the morning.

       Before my next genius hour I will make sure that I am aware of my current body including my emotional, physical, and mental well-being. This will allow me to track any new progress that I have. From here I will record the progress and see any additional ways to improve these feelings. Morning yoga gets me ready for the day!!

Comments