Blog Post #6
Week 5 Morning Yoga:
Our journey is coming to an end! As genius hour comes to an end my progress is EVIDENT! I have become more mindful, flexible, energized, less stressed and have a better body image. All of these things are due to my engagement in yoga every morning. I have become more comfortable and aware of my body and what I need to be successful.
Upon completion this morning, Noelle and I noticed that getting up at 6:20 was easier. It has become part of our morning routine and when we do it we are more equipped to handle the day ahead of us. However, when we do not (on the weekend) it is harder to get up and we have less energy throughout the day.
Collectively, we decided that although this assignment is over and yoga is no longer a requirement we will continue to get up and do yoga. As it has had a positive impact on our overall mental and physical well-being.
This assignment has taught me a lot about the importance of being mindful and aware of the body. I think that in my future classroom I will try to do a yoga session of some kind or at least take a few minutes for mindfulness. It is important to show students how to unwind and destress, especially in todays high pressure society. Yoga is a great way to do this!
WE DID IT!!
Our journey is coming to an end! As genius hour comes to an end my progress is EVIDENT! I have become more mindful, flexible, energized, less stressed and have a better body image. All of these things are due to my engagement in yoga every morning. I have become more comfortable and aware of my body and what I need to be successful.
Upon completion this morning, Noelle and I noticed that getting up at 6:20 was easier. It has become part of our morning routine and when we do it we are more equipped to handle the day ahead of us. However, when we do not (on the weekend) it is harder to get up and we have less energy throughout the day.
Collectively, we decided that although this assignment is over and yoga is no longer a requirement we will continue to get up and do yoga. As it has had a positive impact on our overall mental and physical well-being.
This assignment has taught me a lot about the importance of being mindful and aware of the body. I think that in my future classroom I will try to do a yoga session of some kind or at least take a few minutes for mindfulness. It is important to show students how to unwind and destress, especially in todays high pressure society. Yoga is a great way to do this!
WE DID IT!!
Comments
Post a Comment